Keep your pet happy and healthy by following the guidelines below:
- Every day feed your pets nourishing store-bought food, not table scraps. Also make sure they always have fresh water to drink.
- Give your pets a safe, waterproof shelter. Share your home with them. Keep your pets clean. Brush them often. Ask your veterinarian what to do about fleas and ticks.
- Teach your pets with kindness. Be patient with them. When training your pet, you have to show them and tell them what you want them to do because they learn by seeing and hearing.
- Give your pets care and comfort, especially if they are hurt or sick. Learn to understand what your pets are trying to tell you. They ‘talk’ with their sounds, bodies, ears, tails, and eyes.
- Protect your pets from traffic – teach your dogs to walk on a leash. The safest place for your cat is inside your home. When taking your cat outside the home, transport them in a pet carrier.
- Get veterinary help when needed and yearly health checkups for your pet. Ask your veterinarian about important vaccinations, like the Rabies vaccine, that your pet will need.
- Be sure your pets always wear identification tags with your name, address, and phone number in case they get lost. And as your pets grow, give them a larger collar. Tight collars can hurt their neck.
- Leave your pets with responsible caregivers when you travel or go on vacation.