Howl-O-Ween Ball Friday, October 29
Silent Auction Items Needed!
We are also currently seeking live and silent auction donations for the 2021 Howl-O-Ween Ball! Here’s our wish list. Can you help?
- Restaurant or retail gift certificates – What is your favorite local restaurant or retail business. You can purchase a gift card to help them and donate it to Houston SPCA. Or, do you know a chef who would host a dinner at the restaurant as an auction item? Or maybe a chef willing to make “house calls” and come to cook dinner in someone’s home for a small group?
- Wine and or fine liquor. Do you have any vintage or exceptional wines you’d be willing to donate? Do you frequently buy from a vintner who might contribute a case? Wine and spirits are consistently high-performing auction items.
Vacation getaways. Do you have a lake home, cabin, ski chalet, or timeshare that someone else would enjoy? Do you have a connection at a local or chain hotel?
- Staycations and getaways are always a hit at any auction, especially those in the local area or within driving distance. RV rentals are also big right now.
- Sports memorabilia or 2022 event tickets or suites. Can you get something special for the auction, like an autographed ball, team sportswear, or a virtual meet and greet with an athlete? Maybe tickets for sporting events, or could you donate your suite or box for a game? Golf outings and other outdoor activities such as water sports or toys, biking, and individual sports are trendy right now.
- Unique experiences. Maybe a party hosted by your company and ten friends at an executive’s home, monthly baked goods delivered by someone who is a phenomenal pastry chef, a few hours with a personal organizer, landscape design, or personal shoppers. Get creative! Your donation can be something as simple as a gift certificate to your business.
- Once-in-a-lifetime or unique experiences. Dinner for 8 cooked by a celebrity chef in your own home…box seats for the World Series…the opportunity to conduct the symphony. There are also experiences for children, such as meeting their favorite professional athlete. Other things to consider might be a lunch or a virtual meet and greet with one of Houston’s hometown heroes, a private tour of a unique venue that isn’t easily accessible to the public, or an adrenaline–rushed adventure like the Tyrolean zip wire.
- Electronics! Where would we be without our electronics? Apple or Android, it’s all good! What about wireless headphones, home technology like Alexa, Ring Door Alarms, Webcams, gaming systems and supplies, TVs, iPads, tablets, etc.
- Themed-Baskets or Outings. We can combine these into larger packages to bring in more bids to help us rescue more animals.
- Gourmet coffee or wine baskets
- Exclusive craft beer tours
- Zoo excursions and family outings
- Spa day, or a nail salon basket
- Sports of any kind
- Fishing – could include poles, tackle boxes, lures, hooks, weights, sun hats, etc.
- Music or book lovers
We are always looking for fun and unique things and are open to suggestions! By donating, you will have the opportunity to highlight your business and showcase your commitment to our community. But, of course, most importantly, you will help advance Houston SPCA’s mission to promote commitment to and respect for all animals and free them from suffering, abuse, and exploitation. For more info on donating to our live and silent auction, contact Event and Donor Relations Manager Christen Blackledge at email@example.com or (281)832-8796 or complete this donation form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.