Thank you for your interest in the Houston SPCA Volunteer Program! Here are some next steps:
- Submit Payment: $40 for ages 18 and up; $25 for ages 16-17
- Complete Application: Once you’ve paid, you’ll receive an automated email containing a link where you can complete the application. Be sure to check your junk/spam folder!
- Complete the Background Screening (18+ only): Once your application is received, you’ll receive instructions to initiate a background screening. Please follow all prompts to complete and submit this screening.
- Attend Orientation: After your application and background screening (if applicable) have been reviewed, you’ll be contacted via email to register for our new volunteer orientation. Orientation is generally held twice a month on specific Saturdays. You’ll learn about the campus and what you can expect as a volunteer.
- Attend Training: Once you’ve completed orientation, you’ll be given instructions on how to register for training in one of the animal areas in which you want to volunteer.
- Start Volunteering: After training in your area of choice, you can begin to schedule volunteer shifts using our online portal.